Tips for Choosing a Real Estate Lawyer
Buying and selling a house is rarely a straightforward process these days. The best person you can have on your side is a real estate attorney to double-check all of the details and handle the complicated paperwork. But it’s imperative that you do your homework and choose the right attorney for your needs.
Continue reading to learn how you can find the best attorney for your real estate transaction:
- Interview several lawyers: Our best piece of advice is to interview a few different lawyers before settling on one. Taking your time to meet with several attorneys makes it easier to choose a representative that checks off all of your wants and needs.
- Look for experience: Just because someone has been practicing law for decades doesn’t necessarily mean they’re qualified to be your real estate attorney. Be sure to hire a lawyer with years of experience in the world of real estate and property law. Choosing a lawyer with experience handling cases similar to yours will make your life much easier.
- Go local: The real estate industry is a local matter, so be sure to hire a local attorney to handle your transaction. A local lawyer knows all about property pricing, taxes and zoning ordinances, so you can sit back and let your attorney handle all of the heavy lifting.
- Contact the bar association: We recommend contacting the Florida Bar before you hire a lawyer. The Florida Bar can connect you with a reputable attorney who has experience in the real estate world. You know you’re in good hands when you work with an attorney with a reference from the Florida Bar.
- Read online reviews: While the Florida Bar is probably your top resource for finding a lawyer, it doesn’t hurt to do a little extra research on your own. Read an attorney’s online reviews to see what past clients have to say about them. Needless to say, avoid any attorney with poor online reviews.
- Find someone you’re comfortable with: You may be working closely with your real estate attorney for weeks or even months before the deal is finalized, so be sure to choose someone who you’re comfortable around. Trusting your gut can get you far when it comes to choosing a lawyer.
Hire us to represent you
Look no further than Ruben J. Padron, PA if you need a real estate lawyer. Here are a few reasons to contact our firm first:
- Real estate expertise: One of our specialties is real estate law. We have decades of experience handling transactions of all sizes, so you can trust that we know what we’re doing when we tackle your case.
- Client–focused: We put our clients’ needs above anything else. No two transactions are alike, which is why we have a tailored approach to each real estate transaction we handle.
If you’re looking for a real estate attorney, then be sure to contact Ruben J. Padron, PA right away. Reach out to us today to see what our professionals can do for you.
Categorised in: Real Estate Attorney